- This event has passed.
2023 Pro Motocross Championship – WASHOUGAL NATIONAL
July 22 @ 7:00 am - 11:30 pm$35
Welcome to the Washougal National in Washougal, WA. This legendary race marks Round eight of the 2023 Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
Washougal MX Park opened in April of 1972 and has hosted a round of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship every year but once since 1980 (the year of the Mount St. Helens volcano eruption, mere miles away). Washougal is known as one of the most scenic circuits in the entire sport, and many manufacturers and sponsors use the facility for television commercials and photo shoots. The track itself is located in the foothills of southwest Washington, amid a forest of fir trees near the Washougal River, with the beautiful Columbia River at the bottom of the mountain. It’s an old-school motocross facility where spectators can enjoy the sights and sounds of racing up close as the track winds through many elevation changes, such as the famous Dunlop Horsepower Hill and Scott Ski Jump.
A motocross fan first and foremost, track owner/promoter Ralph Huffman worked himself into the ownership role at the facility because of his love not only for the Washougal track itself, but for motorcycle racing in general.
“I got into the sport when my boys started racing flat track and motocross,” Huffman explains. “I began to help out Clarks Branch Cycle Club in Roseburg, Washington, where my boys practiced frequently. I had access to equipment that could benefit the facility. From there, I kept helping out more and more.
“In 1980 Wally Brosamle, the promoter for Washougal, asked me to help out the first year they hosted an AMA Pro Motocross Championship event,” Huffman continues. “Each year I helped out with the national. In 1985, he sold out to Bill Cantrell and I offered to continue to help with the event.”
But things did not go so smoothly, and the track was removed from the national schedule in 1987. “That’s when I stepped up to take over the facility with the help of my wife, Carolyn.” Huffman adds. It didn’t take long for the AMA to take notice, and in 1988, the national returned. Since then, the facility has boasted improvements every year. “I finally bought the facility in 1995,” Huffman explains, “and we’ve hosted a national every year since and look forward to many more to come.”
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear/Helmet Check
- Open Air Festival Seating
- Infield Track Viewing via Seven Track Tunnels
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Onsite Camping
- Enjoy fishing in our private stocked pond
- Grandstand Seating
- VIP Super ticket Viewing Areas with live PA feed, live timing and scoring, live race footage, private restrooms, and catering
- Shaded Picnic Areas
- Nearly 100% track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Beer Concessions
- Onsite Parking
- Handicap Parking
- RV septic pump service
- Pets must be leashed at all times and remain in your camp site
- No alcohol allowed to be brought into the park during the National event, there will be beer concessions.
- No firearms allowed in the park at anytime
- Cash Only
- No drones allowed on property
- No pit vehicles. We do not allow bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- No pets on Saturday
- No glass allowed on property
- Rental car entrance is located at the Main Gate on Borin Rd. Parking is adjacent to Paddock Gate.
- Will call is located across from the Main Gate on Borin Rd.
- Spectator parking $10
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- No open campfires. Gas and charcoal cooking grills ONLY permitted.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers.