- This event has passed.
Pro Motocross Championship 2023 – THUNDER VALLEY NATIONAL
June 10 @ 6:00 am - 11:30 pm$34
Welcome to the 19th Annual Thunder Valley National will serve as the third round of racing for the 2023 Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.
Promoter David Clabaugh couldn’t have known how appropriate his track’s name would become. He knew that nearby was an NHRA drag-racing track with the same name (Thunder Valley), but within a few short years of the founding of the motocross track, four-strokes took over motocross completely, leaving a sound of thunder every time the gate dropped at the facility.
Clabaugh has been around racing since he was a child. “I’ve been racing since I was 10 years old,” he explains. “When I got to the pro class, I realized that it wasn’t going to last forever, and I wanted to stay in the sport somehow, so I decided I wanted to buy a track. Clabaugh has put his blood, sweat, and tears into the facility, and the national here is seen as an example of what a world-class motocross event should look and feel like.
I ran local races on the weekends; however, I wanted the facility to grow,” Clabaugh says. “I wanted an AMA Pro Motocross Championship event. In 2000, I met MX Sports’ Tim Cotter, and I figured the only way I was ever going to get a national was to start going to as many of them as I could and figure out how it worked. I worked on the banner crew for about two years, just getting the inside line on how it all works. I began talking with John Ayers [also of MX Sports] about wanting a national in order to learn all sides of the sport and figure out how to promote. During this time, I had shown interest in being a promoter, and several people had come out to my facility to see if I was equipped to have an AMA Pro Motocross Championship event. I had made lots of upgrades to the facility with buildings, filling in ravines, etc.
I heard there was going to be a spot open on the national schedule and was told that Thunder Valley was first on the list.” Truth be told, Thunder Valley wasn’t just first on the list, it was the best choice, as Clabaugh and his loyal staff have proven every year since his first national, in 2005.
Thunder Valley, just a few miles below downtown Denver, hosted its first AMA Pro Motocross National in July of 2005. In the first few years of racing at the facility, riders and mechanics were met with a combination of altitude and summertime heat that not only made it physically difficult on them but caused the fuel in the motorcycles to literally boil. The solution was a revolutionary one: in 2008, Thunder Valley hosted the first AMA Pro Motocross National ever held at night, under a battery of lights that illuminated the valley. With a live internet and TV audience watching, the race was a smash hit. This year, Thunder Valley’s event will be held during the daylight hours.
- Grandstand Seating
- Open Air Festival Seating
- Covered VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Covered Super Ticket Viewing Area
- Open Air Corporate Suites
- Handicap Viewing Area
- Infield Track Viewing via Two Track Tunnels
- Nearly 100% track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Beer Concessions
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Baby Changing Station
- Free & VIP paid Parking
- Onsite Parking
- Motorcycle Parking
- Handicap Parking
- Easy entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Reserved RV spots
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear/Helmet Check
- Jumbotron Viewing
- Amateur Motocross Racing Sunday
- No pit vehicles. We do not allow bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- No pets on Saturday
- No glass bottles in fan viewing areas
- No drones or remote control aircraft permitted
- No pets allowed in main fan areas or in Pro Paddock on Saturday.
- No pit vehicles. No pit bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- Search Policy: All vehicles are subject to search at any time.
- Prohibited items: No fireworks, glass bottles, kegs, scaffolding, weapons or firearms. Track is not responsible for return of confiscated items.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers.
- True Value
- Honnen Equipment
- Defy Graphics
- Sun Enterprises
- Vickery Motorsports
- Fay Myers Motorcycle World
- G-Force Powersports
- Performance Cycle
- Coors Distributing
- Law Tigers
- ZULZ Bag Company
Thunder Valley National Winners
|10/3/20||Eli Tomac||Cortez, CO||KAW|
|6/2/18||Eli Tomac||Cortez, CO||KAW|
|6/3/17||Blake Baggett||Grand Terrace, CA||KTM|
|5/30/15||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||KTM|
|6/25/13||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|6/2/12||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||KTM|
|6/25/11||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||SUZ|
|6/26/10||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||SUZ|
|6/27/09||Ivan Tedesco||Murrieta, CA||HON|
|6/29/08||James Stewart||Haines City, FL||KAW|
|7/22/07||James Stewart||Haines City, FL||KAW|
|7/23/06||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||SUZ|
|7/24/05||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, FL||SUZ|
|6/5/21||Justin Cooper||Cold Springs Harbor, NY||YAM|
|6/1/19||Adam Cianciarulo||Clermont, FL||KAW|
|6/2/18||Jeremy Martin||Millville, MN||HON|
|6/3/17||Joey Savatgy||Thomasville, GA||KAW|
|6/4/16||Joey Savatgy||Thomasville, GA||KAW|
|5/30/15||Jeremy Martin||Millville, MN||YAM|
|6/7/14||Blake Baggett||Grand Terrace, CA||KAW|
|6/25/13||Eli Tomac||Cortez, CO||HON|
|6/2/12||Justin Barcia||Monroe, NY||HON|
|6/25/11||Blake Baggett||Grand Terrace, CA||KAW|
|6/27/09||Jake Weimer||Rupert, ID||KAW|
|6/29/08||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|7/22/07||Ben Townley||New Zealand||KAW|
|7/23/06||Ryan Villopoto||Poulsbo, WA||KAW|
|7/24/05||Ivan Tedesco||Murrieta, CA||KAW|